Six certified micro-organism strains plus Saccharomyces boulardii Pro-Bio Defense™ is combination probiotic” that provides the six certified strains in popular Pro-Bio Gold™, including the certified strain Lactobacillus plantarum, a resident strain in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which is extremely resistant to the stresses of the intestinal environment. Saccharomyces boulardii (S. boulardii), a special strain of yeast with probiotic capabilities is also included. S. boulardii is considered a non-pathogenic, non-colonizing baker's yeast species, which is very closely related to brewer's yeast also known as S. cervesiae. Although it is a “yeast,” it is not related to the Candida species (Candida albicans, tropicalas, etc.), which can cause pathogenic infections in the gastrointestinal and genitourinary tracts.
Pro-Bio Defense™ contains the most important "resident" and "transient" microorganisms that contribute to maintaining and promoting a healthy GI tract, with the added capabilities of the Saccharomyces boulardii strain, which is known to be effective when used alone or in combination with other probiotics to support digestion. Akhil health foods guarantees the potencies of all of the individual strains through independent laboratory testing.
There are numerous factors that contribute to friendly bacteria (such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and thermophilus) being destroyed or depleted, which include:
• environmental toxins/chemicals
• excessive stressful conditions
• improper diet or nutrient deficiencies
• food allergies/sensitivities
• overgrowth of yeasts, bacteria, viruses, etc.
• abnormal permeability of the intestine
• exposure to numerous medications Pro-Bio Defense™ utilizes seven probiotic strains that have undergone DNA fingerprinting in supporting their identity and have exhibited long-term stability. More than 65 scientific studies and published articles have been written in support of the strains, documenting the ability of these strains to:
• possess a high tolerance to survive stomach acids and bile salts
• support the body's natural defenses and the intestinal tract's immunological barrier
• help alleviate occasional diarrhea and constipation
• address lactose intolerance issues
• adhere to and colonize the GI mucosal membrane
• assist with regulating intestinal mobility and normal bowel function
• possibly help create an inhibitory effect on free radical activity in the colon
Free Of Sugar, soy, wheat, casein, gluten, milk, corn, egg, preservatives, gelatin, artificial colors or flavorings, peanuts, tree nuts or fish.
Warnings: KEEP BOTTLE REFRIGERATED AND TIGHTLY CAPPED. DO NOT REMOVE THE DESICCANT BAG. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Site best Viewed in 1280 X 1024 Resolution, and Internet Explorer 5 and above.
Copyrights @Akhil Health Foods, All rights reserved 2008
Designed by Compusoft Technologies